Home Remedies for Piles or Hemorrhoids
When we were children and all desperately clamoring to sit on the one radiator in our classroom our teacher would call us in order to order by informing us that we would give ourselves piles. This is nonsense actually because piles are basically caused by constipation, bad blood circulation, pregnancy, overeating on a low-fibre diet or any circumstance which causes pressure to be put on the veins around the anal passage creating a condition in which they will become swollen and twisted.
The major problem does seem to be constipation especially of the 'sit and strain' as opposed to the particular 'I will wait until I feel like it' variety. Whilst piles may not be caused by sitting on heat I do wonder if they can be cured by the old way of sitting in iced water. The most recommended types of trying to rid yourself of piles are to eat a high-fibre diet with plenty of bran, take a vitamin B6 supplement, drink a lot of water and add honey to be able to your diet (some people recommend it as an unguent).Walk whenever you can, every day.
Witch hazel Keep a bottle of witch hazel in the wine fridge and use it on a cotton wool compress.
- Garlic or marigold The old herbalists suggested a suppository of raw garlic cloves, the very thought of which makes me wince.
- Garlic oil, cream or skin salve are additional soothing and healing suggestions.
- Marigold oil or calendula cream are fragrant choices.
Pilewort (lesser celandine) This very astringent little herb has been used for many years, as th name indicates, to reduce, shrink and soothe piles. A decoction made by simmering 40 g (1.5 oz) of pilewort in ' litre 9scant pint) of water until it is reduced by half can be applied to a hot compress to shrink the swollen veins. Pilewort ointment is the favored method of application and you can make your own by gathering the roots in the spring. Weigh next pound together. This mixture is left in order to macerate for five days in a stone container after which time it is gently heated, stretched and pressed through a cloth. Good home remedy for piles or hemorrhoids.
Bilberry, sloes or yarrow Decoction of any of these are astringent and may also be used on a compress to much the same effect.
Blackberry Leaf Tea Drink this Tea to Help the Flow.
Roast figs, darling as well as thyme Common as a paste for chilblains, this remedy was also popular as a cure for piles. You might draw the line at the other remedy recommended for both chilblains and piles of 1 tbs of honey and glycerin mixed to a fine paste with egg white and flour. However I am assured that it works right after one application. One of the good home remedies for piles or hemorrhoids.
- Essential oils Use 1 dessertspoon of olive oil or 1 drop of geranium oil in cold cream.
- Cypress oil in hot water can also be used as a soothing compress.
Alum and lard One teaspoon of powdered alum melted into 40g 91.5 oz0 of pure lard is an additional very old-fashioned remedy.
- Horse chestnut Suspend disbelief and carry one in your pocket; because it hardens so will the piles diminish.
- Another popular belief was to transport a small bag of the main of wood avens around the neck.
- Why I do not know but some times these strange cures perform.
This is condition you probably won't hear your friends talking about at a holiday party ' but it's a good bet many of them have occasionally suffered from this problem. Hemorrhoids are very common. Doctors have estimated that about 20 or so five percent of all adults are certain to get these types of pesky irritants at one time or another.
- Hemorrhoids are usually veins in the anus, that, instead of moving blood effortlessly, obtain distended and filled with blood.
- When the blood doesn't flow, the veins gradually get bigger, like a water balloon.
- Eventually they get large enough to make you very uncomfortable.
- Hemorrhoids usually occur when you strain to have a bowel movement.
- The increase pressure brought on by straining causes the actual veins to weaken, get flabby, and, then, to swell.
- Because hemorrhoids are filled with blood, you may notice blood in the toilet bowl.
- When you don't know what's causing it, blood from that area can be very frightening indeed.
- The truth is, hemorrhoids are rarely serious, and will often go away on their own.
- When they're painful or itchy, however, you will want fast relief.
- Below are a few things that can help.
Call on the Witch
To relieve the itching and burning of hemorrhoids, doctors often recommend applying a little witch hazel. This will quickly cool the area so you feel more comfortable. For really relief, some people cool the witch hazel first by storing it in the refrigerator.
Put Water to be Effective
Perhaps the easiest home remedy for hemorrhoids is merely to sit in a warm bath several times a day. The warm water can help relax the anal muscle and improve circulation, that will help hemorrhoids heal. Don't add bath oils or salts to the water, however, as this may increase the irritation.
- Add a few lubrication.
- Spreading a little petroleum jelly on hemorrhoids will help protect the tender skin.
- Many doctors believe it works as well as special hemorrhoids creams and products, and it's much less expensive.
Take Advantage of Fiber
Foods that are high in dietary fiber make the stools softer and easier to feed. This is important because the less you strain to have a bowel movement, the less likely hemorrhoids are to form. A quick way to get more fiber is to pick up some psyllium at the drugstore. This natural ingredient can be found in products such as Metamucil, and it's an excellent way in order to soften stools.
Drink a Lot of Water
Your intestines need a lot of fluid to work smoothly and with a minimum of irritation. Drinking eight to twelve glasses of water a day will provide plenty of lubrication as well as make the stools softer and, therefore, easier to pass.
Natural Remedy for Hemorrhoids: Discover the 3 Most Effective and Natural Remedies for Hemorrhoids
http://HemorrhoidsRevealed.com Natural Remedies For Hemorrhoids - Discover the 3 Most Effective & Natural Remedies For Hemorrhoids To start with, let's ...
Cheek Your Weight
Those who are overweight have a higher risk for hemorrhoids because the extra kilos exert more pressure on the anal area, making hemorrhoids more likely to form. In some instances, losing weight will cause your hemorrhoids to be able to go away, as well.
Trey is a content marketer at gold-web-submission.com, a collection of articles about alternative health tips. Previously, Trey worked as a consultant for a tech software startup. When he's not scouting for web articles, Trey enjoys hiking and rock climbing.